“Educate each child according to his [own] way.” Tanakh Proverbs 22:6 חנך לנער על פי דרכו
OWHC Religious School K-7
Our mission is to provide each child the opportunity to form a positive Jewish identity through acquiring skills and values for living a Jewish life, and connecting themselves to the Jewish community. New students are always welcome.
Students from the youngest through the oldest will be exposed to our rich Jewish heritage through art, music, ritual, mitzvot, Hebrew, G-d, history, Israel, holidays and technology.
- Kindergarten (Gan) and 1st Grade (Aleph) meet Monday 4:30 – 6:00pm
- Stay & Play is available for children in Kindergarten & Gan, so that they can stay until 6:30 pm and wait for an older sibling.
- 2nd Grade classes meet Monday from 4:30-6:30pm
- 3rd-6th grades meet Monday and Wednesday from 4:30 - 6:30pm
- Gesher (7th Grade) meets Mondays from 4:30- 6:30 pm
Jr. Congregation (2nd-6th Grade) is a twice a month Shabbat service experience with songs, prayer, Parashat HaShavuah, Aliyot and Kiddush. Attendance is required.
We believe that a “Hands-On” experiential curriculum is essential to Jewish learning, and woven throughout the program are family programs such as building a Sukkah and making a Tallit together. Parents and children come together to experience, learn and have fun.
- We accept both member and non-member children in our Kindergarten, 1st and 2nd grade classes.
- We strive to meet the educational and social needs of all our students. Please read the section about Special Education if your child has special needs.
"Wednesdays with Rabbi"
Teen study and community service group for grades 8-12
Meets most Wednesday evenings 6:30-7:20 PM. Dinner is served and service credit is available.
- High School Students are invited to join Rabbi Stanger to discuss a wide range of topics such as Israel, her conflicts and history, as well as literature, Jewish texts and other topics of interest.
For more information contact Mindy R. Kremer, Director of Youth Education and Family Engagement.